June 10, 2011

red hot

2011_0610_blog01-web
2011_0610_blog06-web
2011_0610_blog07
2011_0610_blog02-web
2011_0610_blog08-web
2011_0610_blog04
2011_0610_blog03-web
sunglasses - Nasty Gal / dress - vintage, thrifted / belt - vintage, thrifted / shoes - Target

The title of this post isn't a reference to the delicious cinnamon candy, it's simply declarative - this dress is red, and today, it was hot. So hot, in fact, that not only could I not stand to wear a single piece of jewelry, I couldn't even manage to wear my sunglasses for more than a few minutes before my whole face felt ready to slide off in a sweaty puddle. Gross. Supposedly the mercury hit 102 yesterday, but I can assure you, as we dragged our bags through the rush-hour crowds on the Metro yesterday afternoon, it felt much, much hotter.

I owe many of you a belated thanks for your Hasbeen-esque shoe recommendations from a few weeks ago - I wound up picking up these cute platforms from Target, and although they probably won't come with us for our next traveling stint (they're pretty comfortable, but they're not that comfortable) I am planning to wear and enjoy them every day until we leave.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Great outfit. I know what it's like to be so hot you can't stand to wear jewellery. I like to wear alot of pendant necklaces, but here in Australia when it gets so hot they stick to your skin. Gross indeed ...

Kelly xo
Elegantly Academic

academiaemily said...

What a great dress! I love red dresses, and this one looks cool and comfortable. And I'm with you on losing accessories as the temperature climbs - the hotter it gets here, the simpler my outfits.

Fashionforgiants said...

Ugh, I hate it when my face gets so sweaty that my glasses slide off.  Seriously a pet peeve of mine.

This dress is great though - wonderful thrifting find.

BetweenLaundryDays said...

Yeah, it was sweltering in Chicago last week, too, and it was tough to wear much of anything other than a sundress. I adore this red one, and it looks fabulous with those sandals (I just bought a pair for myself, coincidentally, and I heart them too). :)

ibtisam said...

 Hello :)

A while back, I asked if I could share your blog on my blog and I finally got around to doing it. If you're interested in seeing it, here's the link: http://smile93.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/a-recommendation/

Let me know if you have any issues with the post.

Thanks,
smiling in syria

Alamodeetplus said...

I love the dress! And your bun. Very chic. You look very Parisian!

Anja_AHeartandSoulStory said...

I think, I just fell in love - with that super cute dress! You don't want to send it over to me by any chance!?

Post a Comment