February 4, 2011

stream of consciousness

2 of 30
 

 marrakech, morocco: 3eme fevrier
earrings - Boston street vendor / breton striped cardigan - H&M / black henley tank (worn as cowl) - Old Navy / pink tank - Anthropologie / belt - vintage, thrifted / leggings - Style & Co, mommed / flats - Zara

The other day, Kyla of Blue Collar Catwalk noted she tended to remix items in her 30for30 on immediately consecutive days, and I'm beginning to think I have the same prediliction for stream-of-consciousness remixes. After wearing this cardigan in my first remix with pants and boots, I immediately wanted to try it a completely different way yesterday. I loved the way my belt just lined right up with one of the stripes, and paired with leggings and flats this was a perfect low-key outfit for a day of laundry and errands.

My black 'cowl' is actually a carefully rolled up tank top (don't worry, it's one of my 30 items!). I've been loving the way Dotty has been wearing a skirt as a scarf lately, so I started digging around in my bag for something that could be similarly repurposed. The tank worked pretty well - I just folded in the top and bottom thirds to end up with a loose loop. I liked the fit, and the detail of the little button placket peeking through, but it actually wound up being too warm for a scarf!

marrakech, morocco: 3eme fevrier
marrakech, morocco: 3eme fevrier
marrakech, morocco: 3eme fevrier

18 comments:

BetweenLaundryDays said...

That is such an effing rad idea. What other accessories or clothing items can we repurpose? Sock bracelets? Legging headbands? The possibilities are endless!

Babes in Thriftland said...

Too warm for a scarf. What dream land does that occur in? Le sigh. :)

Babes in Thriftland said...

I'm totally on board with this idea. I think I will try sock bracelets.

Anja said...

so cute outfit. Love this one! And the idea with the tank top as a Scarf, brilliant!! Wil ltry that one soon as well!

Sophie said...

love this different look with that cute cardi :)
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

academichic said...

Oh wow! Brilliant! I would have never guessed that about the cowl. I need to mentally bookmark this little trick.

I love both the first and second versions of this carigan remixed. And I'm jealous of that lovely weather! Boo Midwest storms.

S.

cathykhayes said...

Love it!

Sara Jane Elizabeth said...

I love this look so much, that cardigan is so perfect! And...I can't believe that cowl is a tank top! Gen.Ius.

Kira said...

I love that cardigan and I would have never noticed that cowl was a tank top!

emily said...

I'm already dreaming of turbans made of tights....

emily said...

I'm pretty convinced at this point that I should spend every February in Africa. I do not miss puffy coats and piles of slush at all.

emily said...

I think next time I might even try layering two tanks up to get even more volume - the cowl can never be too big!

emily said...

Thank you! I have the feeling this sweater is going to be popping up again and again in my 30for30.

emily said...

I'm trying to soak up as much of this African sunshine as I can get in the next week - our next few destinations are not nearly so fair-weathered!

emily said...

Thanks!

emily said...

Confession: this was actually so comfy that I also wore it for half of the following day. The best part of traveling is that no one knows that you are gross. :)

emily said...

Sweet! I vow never to even glance at those overpriced infinity scarves in American Apparel again.

dotty said...

yay for appropriated clothes as scarves! and your long cardigan looks great with leggings!

Post a Comment