July 9, 2010

fashionably late

So I'm going for the 30 for 30 challenge, the brilliant/evil brainchild of saucy blogger Kendi of Kendi Everyday. Of course I'm almost a week late to the party, but better late than never, right? Unless you're so late the hostess is already vacuuming potato chip crumbs out of the carpet by herself. Oops. Oh well, she could probably use the company. So without further ado, here's the first installment of my 30 for 30.


Remix items: striped blouse - thrifted / cutoffs - Old Navy (clearance!) / flats - Urban Outfitters

Spices: necklace - My Mom's Basement via etsy / purse - thrifted / smile - cheeseball



The crazy heat we've been having lately gave me the perfect opportunity to debut this little semi-crop-top I thrifted up in Massachusetts over the holiday weekend. The lightweight linen and loose silhouette make it perfect for sweltering days, even if the shape doesn't photograph in the absolute most flattering way. The necklace is one you'll definitely be seeing a lot of here, it's a brass whistle and glass bead on a double chain, and all of the materials are vintage! I saw a great whistle necklace a few weeks ago at the Brooklyn Flea, so I quickly scooted over to etsy and found TONS of options, but this one from My Mom's Basement was just absolute perfection.

More remixes to be uploaded today since I'm playing a bit of catch-up, and I'm hoping to post images of all my remix items soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment